Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oath Taking

Look I even wore a cap hahaha... kidding I hate that girl behind me she made me look like I'm wearing one

Luckily we brought Ate Lovie's cam, we didn't pay Php 500 for the official photographer of the ceremony. Thanks to Ice for being my personal photographer hehehe...


Last month all new Nurses who passed the November 2008 Nursing Licensure Exam had their Oath Taking at SMX. Some who's living in provinces took their Oath near their respective places like in Bacolod, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, CAGARA, Cebu, Davao, General Santos, Iloilo, Legazpi, Lucena, Pangasinan, Roxas City, Capiz, Sulu, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, and Zamboanga. Sadly I wasn't able to join the Oath Taking at SMX where all passers whose living at NCR and nearby place took their oath. What happened was, last month all tickets for the ceremony were already sold and I'm one of those unfortunate people who can't take the oath on time.

I've waited for any announcement that there will be another Oath Taking for this year here in NCR, as the officers in Philippine Nurses Association who attended to us at those times when they proclaim that we can't take the oath at SMX, told us to watch for any news at PRC's website but nothing is posted.

Last week Daddy received a call from PRC and told him I can take the Nursing Oath by May 13 and I can buy ticket at PNA. But I don't feel like going out that day so I decided to buy ticket at the day of the ceremony, i know it sound irresponsible but I still manage to do it hehehehe... of course with some luck.


Ice and Me at PRC

Ice joined me at PRC for the ceremony we were one of those early birds in the place because we still don't have tickets and luckily we were early coz I manage to sit in front where the AC is good and there's a better view from the speakers and Board of Nursing, however the visitors must stay at the back of the inductees so Ice stayed and waited for me at the back.

That's the first time I saw the BON. All I thought about them was some lazy, corrupt and irresponsible people whose managing nurses here in our country, but that day they proved me wrong I saw seven intelligent people in front of me. They speak so fluidly all with grace and touch of nurses' pride and compassion. I'm trying to put my jaw back on place when Hon. Betty Merritt a member of the board of nursing introduced the guest speaker, its perfect! How she introduced her was like all the words she's saying was composed like a poem where it was sung by Bocelli and accompanied by Bach I never heard any introduction like that I guess I will compose that kind of intro for weeks but still sucks, she really amazed me.

After that wonderful introduction our guest speaker stood up and waved her most graceful hand to us, she is Commissioner Ruth RaƱa Padilla she managed to show how deserving she was to be introduced that way. She started by congratulating all of 39,455 out of 88,649 new nurses who made it in the board and added that we are special because we belonged in 44.51%. Most of all we are the first batch who take the nursing oath at PRC. After congratulating us she made few points on how to be an efficient nurse, she also pointed out the Nightingale Oath hoping that all nurses will keep their promises. Of all she said for less than 30 minutes I managed to kept some quotes from her and it goes like this: "If you choose to be true, there's a less chance for you to be popular but if you choose to be popular, there's no chance for you to be true" She showed me how to be REAL in ones profession. Nursing is a vocation, and its not easy to become a good and efficient nurse, in able for you to become one you have to challenge yourself, how far can you go to help people without expecting something in return? How can you help without someone asking you for it. Its a beautiful profession that I almost forgot because of my desire on entering the BPO industry. As I said in my last post some of my friends and family told me that its not for me, and I remember I made a promise to Him that if I passed the board exam I will serve Him as a nurse and do whatever it is that I can to be His servant, or medium to those people who need Him.

So now that I've realized this things AGAIN I decided to pursue my nursing career and stop pursuing my so called dream job hahahaha (I always say that to my interviewers in call centers just to assure them I wont leave the company, but still it didn't work) maybe they knew I was lying.

As I took my oath, a promise that every nurses made I know I can keep that promise to my country to all professionals and to God. AMEN!

The 50 inductees taking their Oath at PRC

We were even quoted as special batch "cool"

As I told you I'm an early bird, look at all those vacant chairs at my back

No comments:

Post a Comment